Dr. S. C. Benanti
Dr. S. C. Benanti
Salvatore Benanti founded The Center For Optimum Living in Kinnelon, New Jersey, in 1989. His doctoral training was completed at Columbia University where he earned an applied Ph.D. (Ed.D.). His graduate work focused on how one’s way of relating to oneself and others can fulfill more of one’s mental, emotional, physical and interpersonal potential.
Through Columbia, where he has been a guest lecturer in the graduate division, he also earned an M.A. in Psychological Counseling and Physical Rehabilitation, and a second M.A. in Philosophy and the Social Sciences.
During his twelve years in Manhattan, along with studying and practicing various forms of personal, spiritual and relationship growth, stress-reduction, mind/body fitness and healing enhancement, Dr. Benanti completed post-graduate training at The Institute for Sociotherapy/Institute for Advanced Clinical Training in Psychotherapy, and The Rehabilitation Center where he served as the Associate Director. There his clinical work involved integrated approaches to psychotherapy, nutrition, personal and relationship growth, stress management, optimum health and therapeutic exercise.
Dr. Benanti has been qualified in a number of areas including:
- mental health counseling
- stress and wellness
- personal and relationship growth
- spiritual development
- role training and group work
His past and present affiliations include:
- American Mental Health Counselors Association
- American Board of Medical Psychotherapists
- American Association of Nutritional Consultants
- American Board of Examiners in Psychodrama, Sociometry and Group Psychotherapy
- American Association of Artist-Therapists
- National Academy of Certified Clinical Mental Health Counselors
- National Board for Certified Counselors
- New Jersey Association for Spiritual and Ethical Values in Counseling
- New Jersey Association for Marriage and Family Counselors
- New Jersey Mental Health Counselors Association
In 1984 he was elected as a Fellow of The Society for Nutrition and Preventative Medicine, in 1993 achieved clinical supervisor status in The National Academy of Certified Clinical Mental Health Counseling, and in 1995 was appointed to The Kinnelon Community Dispute Resolution Committee. He is a nationally certified clinical mental health counselor, a charter member of the International Positive Psychology Association, and licensed by The New Jersey Board of Marriage and Family Therapy Examiners as a Professional Counselor.
Along with having conducted a private practice in Manhattan, he has presented workshops at both national and state professional conferences and provided both personnel systems and stress-management consulting services for businesses.
Dr. Benanti has also held a number of clinical, advisory and teaching affiliations. These include:
- Columbia University
- Monmouth Medical Center
- Fairlawn Community Mental Health Center
- Psychotherapy and Role Training Center of Long Island
- Montclair Center for Psychodrama
- State University of New York at Stony Brook
- Serenity Health and Yoga Center
- Fair Oaks Hospital